Wednesday, October 23, 2002

I've been meaning to tell you how I've rediscovered stuffing. Actually, I've only made proper Thanksgiving stuffing twice in my life.

Then I did an impulsiuve thing. In a fit of craving one evening, I bought a box of local supermarket brand turkey-flavored stuffing. I made some, but messed even that up. I added water at the wrong point and it was strange. The next time (this always happens rather late at night. The other day I mentioned to Denise, the Most Excellent Neighbor, that I'd been baking squash at 2 AM the previous night [probably early in the GNE period], and her reaction was raucous laughter...) it was much better. Next (yes, I bought another box) I plan to try baking it after the initial cooking, to see if I can get the crustier texture I like best.

I have a dream of stuffing made of cornbread and green chiles. That's coming into focus, gradually....